Foreign Vessels Transport 98% of Nigerian Crude.

0 45

Anthony Onoharigho, a chartered marine surveyor and ship captain, revealed that 98% of the crude oil lifted in Nigeria is done by foreign vessels. In a recent conversation in Lagos, Onoharigho reaffirmed that portfolio shipowners who are private individuals handle the majority of the product lifting.

“Nigeria lacks a single ship to lift our product in the maritime sector. Private individuals who own portfolio ships and are all foreigners steal the majority of our products. According to my research, foreigners lift 98% of the country’s crude, and the remaining 2% are trading dirty goods in our territorial waters “He asserted.

He claimed that oil lifting could potentially result in enormous employment opportunities for Nigerians and also raising foreign earnings for the country.


Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

%d bloggers like this: