Selorm Adadevoh, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of MTN Ghana, has been appointed as the Chief Commercial Officer of MTN Group. Adadevoh will succeed Jens Schulte-Bockum, who is stepping down as the Group Chief Operating Officer in March 2024. Stephen Blewett, MTN Operations Executive, Markets, will assume the role of CEO of MTN Ghana after Adadevoh’s departure. Adadevoh, a Ghanaian, joined MTN in 2018 and has played a crucial role in leading the transformation of MTN Ghana’s business.
- Leadership Succession at MTN Group:
- Selorm Adadevoh has been appointed as the Chief Commercial Officer of MTN Group, succeeding Jens Schulte-Bockum, who will step down as Group Chief Operating Officer in March 2024.
- Adadevoh, currently the CEO of MTN Ghana, will become a member of the MTN Group Executive Committee.
- MTN Ghana CEO Transition:
- Stephen Blewett, MTN Operations Executive, Markets, will assume the role of CEO of MTN Ghana after Selorm Adadevoh’s exit.
- Adadevoh has been credited for successfully leading MTN Ghana through challenging times and driving the implementation of the new Ambition 2025 strategy.
- Background and Experience:
- Selorm Adadevoh joined MTN in 2018 as CEO of MTN Ghana. Before that, he held key roles at Digicel and Millicom, with experience in the USA, UK, Latin America, and Africa.
- Stephen Blewett, who will take over as CEO of MTN Ghana, rejoined MTN in July 2023 as the Operations Executive for Markets. He previously served as the Chief Operating Officer of Digicel.
- Acknowledgments and Transition:
- The MTN Ghana Board Chairman, Dr. Ishmael Yamson, expressed gratitude to Selorm Adadevoh for his significant contribution during his tenure as CEO. The board looks forward to working with Stephen Blewett to achieve the Ambition 2025 strategy.
Conclusion: Selorm Adadevoh’s appointment as the Chief Commercial Officer of MTN Group reflects the company’s commitment to leadership succession and leveraging the expertise of experienced executives. The transition in leadership at MTN Ghana also introduces Stephen Blewett as the new CEO, bringing his wealth of experience to drive the company forward in line with the Ambition 2025 strategy. The changes aim to position MTN Group for continued success in the dynamic telecommunications industry.