President Xi Jinping: China Won’t Seek Armed Conflict with Any Nation, Aims for Peaceful Ties
Chinese President Xi Jinping has emphasized that China does not intend to engage in armed conflict with any nation and will not pursue a cold or hot war. Speaking after a summit with US President Joe Biden, Xi stated that China does not seek spheres of influence and highlighted the importance of good relations between China and the United States. Both leaders agreed to revitalize the China-US relationship during their summit, aiming to enhance direct communication and cooperation.
- No Intent for Armed Conflict:
- President Xi Jinping reassures that China has no intention of starting armed conflicts with any nation, emphasizing a commitment to peace.
- Benefiting from Global Order:
- Xi acknowledges that China, as the world’s second-largest economy, has benefited from the global order dominated by the United States.
- Importance of China-US Relations:
- Good relations between China and the United States are deemed vital for both countries, with Xi expressing confidence that the door to China-US relations, once opened, will not be closed again.
- Rejuvenation of Chinese Nation:
- Xi underscores that the great rejuvenation of the Chinese nation requires a peaceful and stable international environment, emphasizing the rejection of war, colonization, plundering, or coercion in pursuing modernization.
- Positive Outlook After Summit:
- Following the summit with President Biden, both leaders express a commitment to improving ties and fostering cooperation between China and the United States.
- Avoiding Confrontation:
- Xi assures his US hosts that China does not seek confrontation with any country, signaling a desire for peaceful coexistence and cooperation.
- Focus on Peaceful Modernization:
- The Chinese president emphasizes that China’s pursuit of modernization will not involve resorting to war or coercive measures, aligning with a commitment to peaceful development.
President Xi Jinping’s statements underscore China’s commitment to peaceful relations with other nations, particularly the United States. The emphasis on avoiding armed conflict, pursuing peaceful modernization, and the importance of stable international relations reflects a diplomatic approach aimed at fostering cooperation and understanding between China and its global partners. The positive outlook following the summit with President Biden signals a willingness to work towards a rejuvenated and cooperative relationship between the two major powers.