Although electronic mode of payments is becoming increasingly popular in sub-Saharan Africa, sending money across African countries is still quite challenging.
One factor that has contributed to the slow growth and popularity of cross-border money transfer is the charges usually associated with such transfers.
We are, however, seeing more money transfer platforms launch and raise funding just to offer the ability to send money across Africa, using different currencies in a way that is easy and pain-free.
In this post, we will look at some very reliable platforms that support cross-border money transfer.
With Chipper Cash, money transfer can now be done instantly, at the click of a button, for free. The platform has made sending money across Africa as simple as receiving it.
That’s not all. You can as well use Chipper Cash for other online payments: airtime recharge, pay your cable TV, internet, and electricity bills.
- Platforms: No web support. Available on Android and iOS.
- Countries serving: Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Africa, and Ghana.
- Transfer limits: Limits vary by country.
- Transfer fees: None.
Related Article: You can now Send money for Free to Uganda, Kenya, Ghana, Tanzania, Rwanda with Chipper Cash
Rapidtransfer is a pan-African money transfer service by Eco bank. With Rapidtransfer, you can send money online — easy and fast— across Africa. This service is available in 33 countries in Africa
- Platforms: Available on Android and iOS.
- Countries serving: 33 Eco bank countries in Africa
- Transfer limits: $10,000
Related Article: How to receive money using World remit in Nigeria
Barter by Flutterwave
Barter by Flutterwave is a payments service that offers users a cheap and seamless way to send, request, and receive money from any part of the world. The app also lets you pay merchants and bills, all from the convenience of your mobile phone.
Flutterwave also provides payment solutions to businesses, making it easy to accept payments from customers all over the world.
- Platforms: Android and iOS
- Countries serving: All African Countries
- Transfer fees: A flat fee of N10 Nigerian Naira
Simbapay is an Africa-focused money transfer startup that lets customers send money to friends and family around Africa in a fast, seamless, and cheap way.
- Platforms: Android and IOS
- Countries serving: All African countries
- Transfer fees: Yes, but you can send up to £45,000 for free
Eversend is a multi-currency wallet designed to allow Africans to exchange, spend, and send money to bank accounts across Africa and beyond, at a low transfer rate.
- Platforms: Android
- Countries serving: Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda
- Transfer fees: Transaction costs vary according to a number of factors; how you load the money, where you send the money to (mobile wallet or Eversend wallet), etc.
There you have it; some of the very reliable platforms to send money within Africa you can choose from. Which one of these platforms have you used before? Please share your experience in the comment section.
Also, if there is any other cross-border money transfer platform (not on this list) that you would like to recommend, don’t hesitate to share in the comment section below.