Coronavirus: US Asks Foreign Doctors To Apply For Visa

0 510

The United States has asked medical professionals seeking to work in America to apply for a work visa at the nearest US Embassy as coronavirus overwhelms and ravages the country

In a statement published on on Friday, the government also advised foreign medical professionals already in the US to consult with their sponsors to extend their programmes.

The US currently has the highest number of coronavirus infection in the world, which is currently over 80,000, and that has overwhelmed the health system in the world’s largest economy.

The statement read, “We encourage medical professionals seeking to work in the United States on a work or exchange visitor, particularly those working to treat or mitigate the effects of COVID-19, to reach out to the nearest embassy or consulate to request a visa appointment.

“For those foreign medical professionals already in the United States:

“J-1 Alien Physicians (medical residents) may consult with their programme sponsor, ECFMG, to extend their programmes in the United States.  Generally, a J-1 program for a foreign medical resident can be extended one year at a time for up to seven years.”

It noted that the expiration date on a US visa did not determine how long one can be in the United States.

Leave A Reply